Tuesday, September 21, 2010

No, Bob, I don't like fall

I don't mind fall per ce- except that it means that winter is coming, which I pretty much detest. So spring and summer are my happy times. I don't know what excitement there is in summer being over. I love walking and biking and as the weather gets worse and worse I can do them less so no, Bob, I don't like fall.

My doctor's office has changed one of their practices. It used to be if you called to book an appointment, it would be in a week or more. But the last couple of times I called (1 for my shin and 1 yesterday) they ask me if I want to come in RIGHT NOW. And they used to only ask that if they thought there was something serious. But I read on the wall that they keep 50% of their time slots free now so they can help you on the same day. They expect people to book online or call in the morning and they organize their day like that.
So anyway I called yesterday about my hand. There is a mysterious skin "lesion" (doctor's word) on my palm. I asked Carolyn about it on Sunday and she said to call the doctor. And Carolyn knows her stuff on when to call the doctor. It's like a red bump about 1.5 cm long.
I saw the same resident in the doctors office that I saw about my shin.
She looked at the spot, perplexed.
Apparently, whatever it is, they don't see a lot of in the office.
She disappeared and came back with a more seasoned doctor, who also had no clue about it.
I like being the mystery in the office!
Anyway, they decided they would treat it like a fungus, so I have an antifungal cream for my hand and we'll see if that improves it.

I had a big meeting today with the Registrar and a couple of the key people who are implementing new software that is going to roll out soon. It was a really good meeting and I felt like I contributed, which even surprised myself.
I have another big meeting about a project I am working on tomorrow. Then I quit having meetings and work on hunkering down to making the exam schedule. Next week is going to be a big one + I am doing some substitute teaching in my old course. Should be interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home