Kim's back!
My world traveller friend is back. She hardly ate and hardly slept for almost 2 weeks but she had a great time and she looks fabulous. Luckily, working shift work and never sleeping prepared her well for the trip!
The funniest thing she said was "It's going to be really hard to walk into a room and NOT have everyone clap and cheer". Apparently, they were treated like royalty or something and everyone was always very excited to see them! I made a note to myself to clap and cheer the next time she comes in a room, just so she doesn't miss the Philippines too much!
When I went to Kim's house her mother (a.k.a. the walking miracle) came RUNNING out to see me. She looks sooo good. I wish I could put into words. She is getting her hair back and her eyes are clearer than I've ever seen them. She wants to buy a car so she can get out and about again.
I asked Zully how he fared while Kim was away and the said that there was noone to boss him around for 10 days so that was good, but that he missed being bossed around so that wasn't so good. (He was joking around)
Switching to James' sensitivity:
At the end of Robbie's birthday party last week there was a girl that wanted to hug and kiss James goodbye. James burst into tears. Apparently she violated Man Code.
At Vacation Bible School last week, one of the days they did a story from the Bible where a person had died. The teacher told me that James had cried because his Granny had also died. This did happen about a year ago but he has a trip to Moncton coming up so that may make things a bit raw again.
And on to James' persistence:
James has decided he wants the FIFA 2010 Wii game and so he pesters everyone he can think of about this game. Especially me. We have this conversation MULTIPLE times a day:
J: I want FIFA 2010 WII
Me: I understand
J: Can I get it?
Me: For Christmas.
The thing is a lot of the Wii games really are too difficult for him. The Wii hockey he basically lets the computer play on its own and he watches it (though he has gotten a lot better at it, he still mainly runs it in 'demo' mode).
He has found lot of the Fifa Wii games on Youtube and he watches them as videos, which may not be too different from what he would do if he had the game itself (except he could pick the teams)
When AJ came over one day last week he brought some of his Wii games and I wasn't too keen on them due to the amount of shooting. He had a tank game and the new Ben 10 game. I like Rachel's mom's note for her sons' birthday invites asking for no violent toys. I hope to apply this even when he wants violent games. I am ok with sports but will try to make sure he avoids the violent ones as long as I can!
The funniest thing she said was "It's going to be really hard to walk into a room and NOT have everyone clap and cheer". Apparently, they were treated like royalty or something and everyone was always very excited to see them! I made a note to myself to clap and cheer the next time she comes in a room, just so she doesn't miss the Philippines too much!
When I went to Kim's house her mother (a.k.a. the walking miracle) came RUNNING out to see me. She looks sooo good. I wish I could put into words. She is getting her hair back and her eyes are clearer than I've ever seen them. She wants to buy a car so she can get out and about again.
I asked Zully how he fared while Kim was away and the said that there was noone to boss him around for 10 days so that was good, but that he missed being bossed around so that wasn't so good. (He was joking around)
Switching to James' sensitivity:
At the end of Robbie's birthday party last week there was a girl that wanted to hug and kiss James goodbye. James burst into tears. Apparently she violated Man Code.
At Vacation Bible School last week, one of the days they did a story from the Bible where a person had died. The teacher told me that James had cried because his Granny had also died. This did happen about a year ago but he has a trip to Moncton coming up so that may make things a bit raw again.
And on to James' persistence:
James has decided he wants the FIFA 2010 Wii game and so he pesters everyone he can think of about this game. Especially me. We have this conversation MULTIPLE times a day:
J: I want FIFA 2010 WII
Me: I understand
J: Can I get it?
Me: For Christmas.
The thing is a lot of the Wii games really are too difficult for him. The Wii hockey he basically lets the computer play on its own and he watches it (though he has gotten a lot better at it, he still mainly runs it in 'demo' mode).
He has found lot of the Fifa Wii games on Youtube and he watches them as videos, which may not be too different from what he would do if he had the game itself (except he could pick the teams)
When AJ came over one day last week he brought some of his Wii games and I wasn't too keen on them due to the amount of shooting. He had a tank game and the new Ben 10 game. I like Rachel's mom's note for her sons' birthday invites asking for no violent toys. I hope to apply this even when he wants violent games. I am ok with sports but will try to make sure he avoids the violent ones as long as I can!

1 Comments:
what a good idea for a birthday invite!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home