Sabotage
The saboteur got voted off BB tonight- before she had a chance to really do too much. It's too bad- after the first night I thought Annie was very well spoken and would be a good narrator for the season. Sometimes they get people who can't read too well. This may be why they are on a reality tv show to earn money of course. This season they seem to be pretty smart though. Always interesting.
My credit card sent me a message this week indicating that in September my monthly bill will show how long it would take to pay off my balance if I only paid the monthly payment each month. Now I don't plan on using this feature other than for amusement as I only put things on my credit card if I have the money to pay it off so I don't use the minimum payment feature. My interest with this new reporting method is trying to understand what the aim of the credit card company is by doing this. Do they want people to make more than the minimum payment each month when they see that it will take 59.6 years to pay off their balance if they only make the minimum payment? Isn't it better for the credit card companies if people do only make the min payment? Don't they earn more interest that way? Or are they having problems with people dying before their balance is paid? This could of course backfire on them in a bad way as people may say- I'll still have a balance when I'm dead, so why bother paying more than the minimum payment? So many questions!
James was feeling better today and returned to hockey camp. Tomorrow is the last day.
Saturday and Sunday James has birthday parties to go to. As James' hockey camp is by toys r us after camp they went to pick out birthday presents for the 2 boys. One of the things he picked out was a gun (with the nerf bullets) but I am making them take it back because I don't think that gun's are appropriate gifts even if they only have nerf bullets. Call me hardline.
I wish I was a messenger and that all the news was good
My credit card sent me a message this week indicating that in September my monthly bill will show how long it would take to pay off my balance if I only paid the monthly payment each month. Now I don't plan on using this feature other than for amusement as I only put things on my credit card if I have the money to pay it off so I don't use the minimum payment feature. My interest with this new reporting method is trying to understand what the aim of the credit card company is by doing this. Do they want people to make more than the minimum payment each month when they see that it will take 59.6 years to pay off their balance if they only make the minimum payment? Isn't it better for the credit card companies if people do only make the min payment? Don't they earn more interest that way? Or are they having problems with people dying before their balance is paid? This could of course backfire on them in a bad way as people may say- I'll still have a balance when I'm dead, so why bother paying more than the minimum payment? So many questions!
James was feeling better today and returned to hockey camp. Tomorrow is the last day.
Saturday and Sunday James has birthday parties to go to. As James' hockey camp is by toys r us after camp they went to pick out birthday presents for the 2 boys. One of the things he picked out was a gun (with the nerf bullets) but I am making them take it back because I don't think that gun's are appropriate gifts even if they only have nerf bullets. Call me hardline.
I wish I was a messenger and that all the news was good

5 Comments:
You are quite right. Credit card companies prefer customers who pay the minimum. (They use nasty words to describe people - and you are one of them - who pay off their balance monthly.) With the recent economic troubles, governments have come under pressure to create legislation to protect consumers from predatory lenders (i.e. credit card companies, in my opinion). The states felt this pressure to legislate more than Canada but there is no doubt we are benefiting from the overflow of concern. I suspect you will find that the cc companies are responding to this pressure - not out of concern for their "customers." What I think is unfortunate in all this is that we consumers are so stupid we have to be protected from our own lack of discipline. The whole debacle is an embarrassment for beings who were originally created in the image of God!
I agree with Bob...oh and you Aphra. I don't put anything on my credit card that I can't pay off before the interest starts accumulating. the buy now pay later furniture places are as bad as credit card companies too. when I bought my washer and dryer this spring if I didn't pay it off withing the period of time I choose the interest rate would have been 19 percent!
I agree Aphra, guns, even Nerf, are not good gifts!
My mom always wrote in my brother's party invitations, "please no war or violent toys". Some people called and asked her what to get him then!
The present I chose for AJ was the book "One" by Kathryn Otoshi that April recommended in a FB thread started by Jordin.
Post a Comment
<< Home