Sunday, June 13, 2010

biking

I have to say I do like biking on the side streets, but biking on Princess after work is always interesting to see how much faster it is to be on a bike than a car. You can also see rebel boys/ young men who bike in ball caps(no helmets for these guys) on the sidewalk, quite often in the opposite direction of traffic and do not obey traffic signs. If you happen to be biking on the sidewalk maybe you should note that if you aren't on the sidewalk in the same direction as traffic, people can't see you. I see a lot of near misses on Princess as people who are turning right look for cars and pedestrians but not for bikes zipping down.

I went to the library yesterday in hopes of getting some summer reading done. I got a couple of books by Ian Rankin "The Black Book" and Peter Robinson "All the colours of darkness". Mysteries that my dad got me hooked on. I also picked up a book by an author I had never heard of before - Karen Kingsbury. It was called "This side of heaven". It looked like the easiest of the 3 to read so I thought I would start with that. I started it about 8 in the evening and could not put it down until I finished about midnight. It was a jam packed book and really very enjoyable- I would recommend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous stf said...

what was it about??+

June 19, 2010 at 10:37:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Aphra said...

loss and recovery was the main theme.

June 19, 2010 at 6:01:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home