soccer rules
James made me promise to wake him at 7:30 this morning so he could catch the first FIFA game. He was up at 7am so I didn't have to. Very excited! I had to sit with him to watch the pre-game show.
Then I went shopping. Normally, James comes with me, but FIFA overruled that.
I expected the grocery stores to be busier but they were still pretty quiet. Maybe it was the rain.
When I got back James explained to me what happened in the game while I was away. One part he said that a guy had got a yellow card for a handball. (in the Greece-Korea game) I thought that was a bit harsh. There must have been something else going on? And we were rather confused about how sometimes when they do a slide tackle they get a yellow card and sometimes they don't? Maybe my bro or my dad or anyone else who may have a clue want to answer that for him?
He also doesn't understand offside but that's probably a bit much to explain.
Nancy has rented the gym at Artillery park for 2pm so James is going there to play ball hockey with his lads.
He has power skating tomorrow.
Also tomorrow Rustle is doing a road trip to Cole lake (James always corrects me and says Cool lake like Al does when I say Cole Lake) Be at Rustle at 9:30am Sunday to catch the school bus out of town!
Then I went shopping. Normally, James comes with me, but FIFA overruled that.
I expected the grocery stores to be busier but they were still pretty quiet. Maybe it was the rain.
When I got back James explained to me what happened in the game while I was away. One part he said that a guy had got a yellow card for a handball. (in the Greece-Korea game) I thought that was a bit harsh. There must have been something else going on? And we were rather confused about how sometimes when they do a slide tackle they get a yellow card and sometimes they don't? Maybe my bro or my dad or anyone else who may have a clue want to answer that for him?
He also doesn't understand offside but that's probably a bit much to explain.
Nancy has rented the gym at Artillery park for 2pm so James is going there to play ball hockey with his lads.
He has power skating tomorrow.
Also tomorrow Rustle is doing a road trip to Cole lake (James always corrects me and says Cool lake like Al does when I say Cole Lake) Be at Rustle at 9:30am Sunday to catch the school bus out of town!

1 Comments:
After cheering Holland to victory today, I can try to answer these.
Deliberate handball is a yellow card offence; the key word is "deliberate". If the referee decides that the offending player knowingly used his hand to gain an advantage, it's a yellow card. (Of course, it's not always entirely possible to tell why a yellow card is given; it could be for the original infraction, or it could be a player complaining too loudly to the referee for being penalized in the first place.)
Slide tackles from behind are always illegal. Slide tackles from the side are legal if they take the ball without fouling the man. Often, players (and commentators) claim that a tackle is legal because the tackling player got the ball, but this is not strictly true. If you take the ball in such a way that you still follow through the man, it's still a foul. Some contact is inevitable, but if the only way you can get the ball is by wiping out the guy who has it, it's a foul.
Offside is simple but not; there must be at least two defenders (including the goalkeeper)between the attacker and the goal line at the time that the ball is played. It's often hard to see, because defender, ball and attacker are all moving at the same time in different directions, but the key is "when the ball is played"; if the attacker is onside at that exact moment, he can move past the defenders to play the ball, otherwise not.
Post a Comment
<< Home