Saturday, April 03, 2010

F@cebook freakiness

F@cebook is kind of smarter than you think. Sometimes it freaks me out with it's messages. It sends you messages that it thinks are relevant. It suggests people for you to add as a friend. Normally it does this if you have a lot of friends in common with the other person and so it thinks that you may mutually know each other as you share a lot of friends- at least that's what I thought it did. Yesterday, though, a person it offered me to add as a friend was a STUDENT. And we have no friends in common. And I just wondered how it knew? (I did not add the student as my friend, BTW)

I outsmarted it a bit today as a message it gave me said that I had not connected with Brian in a while and it suggested I write on his wall and say hello. And I was all like HA- I send him an email just half an hour ago. Of course, it was a work email and F@cebook apparently is not monitoring my work email.

When Eija first joined facebook, it kept pestering me to suggest friends for her to add as it seemed horrified at her low number of friends. I am not sure that she has a huge number of friends yet, but F@cebook at least seems to have given up on telling me about her lack of friends. So, either Facebook has gotten over the horror of her low number of friends or it has moved on to other targets to humiliate!

1 Comments:

Anonymous stf (lorna) said...

this was a fun read .

.. thanks :)

I'm a bit confused about your later posts. What is a proctor? is it at church or at work?

April 24, 2010 at 4:51:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home