Mission for Kim
It's a good thing that Kim sends me on these missions. (maybe you could not sense the sarcasm) She sent me to the train station to pick up her sister as her sister's train got in at 2:18 and Kim had to work until 3. Zully was in Belleville and Kim's mom can't drive.
So it came down to me.
I think - well, it's Sunday afternoon, how busy can it be at the station? Seriously? There was not one parking spot left. Not. One. I cruised the station twice then gave up and did the Jim Mason parking trick of making your own parking spot.
I couldn't believe that I came through that without mashed metal- it was VERY tight in their parking lot!
I had to wait until one came free that I could easily back out of. As backing up isn't my forte- I normally pick drive through spots, but I had no pick today!
And the train was running late- it didn't get in until 3pm.
When it came, I scurried from the safety of my car to the station.
I was sort of worried that I wouldn't recognize her even though I had seen her just last month. But she spotted me first and was beaming up at me from the escalator, so I needn't have worried. Kim didn't tell me that Julie was bringing her 3 year old son as well. But luckily, I have a car seat and my minion was too busy playing his star wars lego game to bother coming to the train station with me so it was free.
I got back in time for the boys to head out to the second game of the causeway classic. They won 8-7 and James scored a goal so was quite pleased.
So it came down to me.
I think - well, it's Sunday afternoon, how busy can it be at the station? Seriously? There was not one parking spot left. Not. One. I cruised the station twice then gave up and did the Jim Mason parking trick of making your own parking spot.
I couldn't believe that I came through that without mashed metal- it was VERY tight in their parking lot!
I had to wait until one came free that I could easily back out of. As backing up isn't my forte- I normally pick drive through spots, but I had no pick today!
And the train was running late- it didn't get in until 3pm.
When it came, I scurried from the safety of my car to the station.
I was sort of worried that I wouldn't recognize her even though I had seen her just last month. But she spotted me first and was beaming up at me from the escalator, so I needn't have worried. Kim didn't tell me that Julie was bringing her 3 year old son as well. But luckily, I have a car seat and my minion was too busy playing his star wars lego game to bother coming to the train station with me so it was free.
I got back in time for the boys to head out to the second game of the causeway classic. They won 8-7 and James scored a goal so was quite pleased.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home