Wednesday, February 25, 2009

planning ahead?

Today was my least crazy day of the week, but I'm the most tired. I guess crazy keeps me awake!

It's Feb. and I thought I would be very organized and book James' birthday party early. But when I called the gymnastics club, they were booked until JUNE. I had liked the idea of the gym club because the kids get an hour of gymnastics instruction and then you can go in a room to do the cake/presents. I tried running a couple of ideas by James -the climbing wall? ice skating? He wanted to do a frontenacs game party but they likely won't be playing past mar 9! Any other ideas for parties in k-town?

Tomorrow I have a morning class, then I'm heading to RMC to try to get my computer set up. New computers are nice, but it can be a pain to get everything set right!

Today is the first day of Lent. I tried to explain the concept to James, but we got side tracked by the Easter bunny. He wanted to understand the details of the bunny's visit. What door would he use? what time would he come?

His favorite recent phrase "I AM a dictator!" He sure is - in his world!

3 Comments:

Blogger jordin said...

Have you thought of either the y for a swimming party or the playtrium? They have good deals i think.

I find the easter bunny really difficult. My children CHOOSE to believe in it. And to get around the issues i have with yet another Chirstian celebration being taken over by secular marketing, we say that the bunny hides things so that we have to search for them. Just like the women couldnt find Jesus in the tomb... and we all want some Jesus. ;)

February 25, 2009 at 8:49:00 PM EST  
Blogger jordin said...

Have you thought of either the y for a swimming party or the playtrium? They have good deals i think.

I find the easter bunny really difficult. My children CHOOSE to believe in it. And to get around the issues i have with yet another Chirstian celebration being taken over by secular marketing, we say that the bunny hides things so that we have to search for them. Just like the women couldnt find Jesus in the tomb... and we all want some Jesus. ;)

February 25, 2009 at 8:49:00 PM EST  
Blogger jordin said...

i have no idea why my comment posted twice.... sorry aphra

February 25, 2009 at 8:50:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home