Fire hall
It was so funny to hit 'new post' when it said '1000 posts'.
In the morning today I went with James' class to the fire hall. The trip itself went quite well. The kids all had loads of fun and I learned a LOT more about James' classmates.
Catie's mom was also helping out. I had met her at Catie's birthday party. At that party Catie had impressed me so much with her maturity and how she took care of the guests. Today Catie seemed totally different. After the kids got their coats and shoes on they stood against the wall. Catie and Anika were playing around. Madame spoke VERY sharply to Catie, telling her not to do that again. I was very surprised at the tone. I looked at Catie's mom. She neither seemed surprised or upset. Later, Madame told me that on a previous field trip Catie's mom had helped and Catie had played around and the mom had not said anything. Evidently Madame was showing how it should be done.
Before we left also we had to find Noah's boots. Noah was crying. He had only been at school an hour and his boots were gone. Madame didn't think he should be crying, but looking. Riley had put on Noah's boots (on purpose, I think, to make Noah upset) and took them off when found out. Riley was not reprimanded though.
In the fire hall, we divided James' class in 2 groups. Catie's mom took one group and Madame and I took the other. Catie's mom seemed to do a fine job with the group she had. Both James and Catie were in my group (as well as 5 others). Catie clung to Madame the whole time so I tried to keep track of the other 6. They asked lots of questions and seemed to like to touch everything.
Madame said she wasn't 'brave' enough to put James in a group away from me. I'm not quite sure what she meant by that.
She also said that she was taking bids from grade 1 teachers to put him in their class. She thinks he's pretty bright and I think she likes that he listens to her.
It was very interesting to see him interacting with his friends. It was also interesting to see the difference with the girls and boys. The girls I could easily start conversations with (except Catie) and it was easy to get to know them. The boys were difficult. I don't know if it was how they relate to strangers or just how they relate in general.
In the morning today I went with James' class to the fire hall. The trip itself went quite well. The kids all had loads of fun and I learned a LOT more about James' classmates.
Catie's mom was also helping out. I had met her at Catie's birthday party. At that party Catie had impressed me so much with her maturity and how she took care of the guests. Today Catie seemed totally different. After the kids got their coats and shoes on they stood against the wall. Catie and Anika were playing around. Madame spoke VERY sharply to Catie, telling her not to do that again. I was very surprised at the tone. I looked at Catie's mom. She neither seemed surprised or upset. Later, Madame told me that on a previous field trip Catie's mom had helped and Catie had played around and the mom had not said anything. Evidently Madame was showing how it should be done.
Before we left also we had to find Noah's boots. Noah was crying. He had only been at school an hour and his boots were gone. Madame didn't think he should be crying, but looking. Riley had put on Noah's boots (on purpose, I think, to make Noah upset) and took them off when found out. Riley was not reprimanded though.
In the fire hall, we divided James' class in 2 groups. Catie's mom took one group and Madame and I took the other. Catie's mom seemed to do a fine job with the group she had. Both James and Catie were in my group (as well as 5 others). Catie clung to Madame the whole time so I tried to keep track of the other 6. They asked lots of questions and seemed to like to touch everything.
Madame said she wasn't 'brave' enough to put James in a group away from me. I'm not quite sure what she meant by that.
She also said that she was taking bids from grade 1 teachers to put him in their class. She thinks he's pretty bright and I think she likes that he listens to her.
It was very interesting to see him interacting with his friends. It was also interesting to see the difference with the girls and boys. The girls I could easily start conversations with (except Catie) and it was easy to get to know them. The boys were difficult. I don't know if it was how they relate to strangers or just how they relate in general.

1 Comments:
Catie sounds like quite the character. My mom's a KG teacher and I hear lots of stories about unique kids...also about the ones whose parents don't set boundaries.
Post a Comment
<< Home