Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Eggs

So for the first year that James actually cares about Santa and isn't scared of him, he won't be at the daycare on the day he arrives. I am not sure if the schools still do Santa? The school is doing a Charlie Brown Christmas (kids get to watch) tomorrow. Then on Tues. is the James' class's Christmas presentation that parents are invited to.

Today I woke again at 5:30am for no apparent reason. And no, Bob, I'm not complaining about the lack of mice, but the lack of a reason for me to wake so early! I took James to daycare. Had a relatively good day at RMC. My computer only crashed once. I saw my boss who has been back for 2 days from France for about 2 minutes. Enough for me to get him to sign some paperwork. He then muttered something about only being at Dec. 2 in his emails and disappeared. I guess he gets a lot of email.

The weather was very icy on both my walk in and the way back. I didn't fall though. Even when I was carrying eggs home! The roads were significantly better than the sidewalks and yet there were people bicycling on the sheet ice sidewalks. Made no sense to me. Also, the flashing traffic lights that were out that people just drove straight through- aren't they supposed to be treated as a 4 way stop?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depends what they are flashing:
flashing red= stop
flashing amber= proceed with caution

At least that's how I learned it, but a lot of motorists do assume it's always a four-way stop and expect oncoming traffic to yield. Not always a good idea, since it will often be flashing amber for the main streets and red for side streets, meaning you take your life in your hands if you expect the fast traffic to stop...

Thus speaketh the non-driver...

December 13, 2007 at 3:51:00 PM EST  
Blogger Aphra said...

hmm, i didn't look at what colour they were flashing. but there certainly did seem to be a lot of confusion!

December 14, 2007 at 7:00:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home