Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Again

It seems for my particularly busy days, I am up for a number of hours in the night. sigh. must stop that trend!
I got up early this morning to make muffins to celebrate sinterklaas - the dutch Christmas. James got up early too and has been working on litebrite- he's really gotten into it the last few days.
I dropped him off at daycare and walked in to work. there's still lots of ice which makes walking tricky. especially on the way home in the dark. on the walk in though I saw a car run a red light, almost hit a pedestrian. he had to veer into the other lane to avoid her and then he honked at her. and he was the one that ran the red light! today the traffic was all a bit crazy. and so was the grocery store. I saw Christina there and we were both like- this is so crazy! But they had meat again! Yay, meat!
My grandparents in Holland sent us a package for sinterklaas with chocolate letters for each of our names. The mail treated them rougher than previous years as they were pretty shattered, but they were chocolate! And chocolate tastes good broken or not! A coworker who I didn't think knew much about my eating pattern mentioned that I was the 'one who liked chocolate'. Must be pretty obvious then. I won't deny it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Elsbeth said...

Hi Aphra, nice to read that you are celebrating Sinterklaas in Canada. Enjoy your Chocoladeletters and did you get any pepernoten?
Hartelijke groeten uit Nederland,
Elsbeth

December 8, 2007 at 2:56:00 PM EST  
Blogger Aphra said...

Yes, my mother was born in Holland so we celebrate every year. When I was a kid Sinterklaas and Swarte Piet would come to our door! When I was a teenager we would get a package from my grandparents with all different Dutch treats, but now they are much older, they just get the chocolate letters from a chocolate store near them. I love Holland. I would live there if I could!

December 9, 2007 at 2:44:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home