Sunday, November 25, 2007

Knowing someone

Today I was thinking of how well you know someone as a function of if there are things that they could say or do that would surprise you. I thought of this after having a discussion with a woman who I am just starting to be friends with and some of the stuff she told me surprised me. But then I don't know her very well, so it didn't surprise me that it surprised me- if that makes sense!
Using that criteria on myself, I think the person who wouldn't be surprised by me would be Barbara. She's a good friend to me :)
Sometimes we don't want to know people because it takes too much energy and we look past what they are trying to tell us.

After Church, AJ came over for a bit. He and James had a few altercations but both emerged alive, so it's all good :) I made M&M cookies (but they burnt) and spanish enchiladas for dinner. They were good but they seem kind of heavy. It's taking my body a bit of effort to digest.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

I love knowing you :)

November 25, 2007 at 10:33:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home