North wind
Biking home yesterday was into the north wind. It was a hard bike home. The 4x4 truck that cut me off in the bike lane didn't help much either!
They said there would be freezing rain overnight and I heard the neighbours scraping out their cars in the morning. The school buses were cancelled. I left at 7:30 to walk in. It wasn't really precipitating and wasn't too slippery so I made it in in good time.
Myron walked James to school around 9. He said about 1/2 his class was there. But his teacher was and that was the most important!
I walked over to RMC around 10 and it was a cross between rain and freezing rain- kinda like spiky rain. Enviro canada has a big red freezing rain warning still. We'll see how it is getting home!
We're supposed to get 5-10cm of snow, presumably after the freezing rain.
ETA @2pm The red freezing raining flag has been lifted and it now says it is snowing. I haven't actually looked out the window. A couple of hours ago RMC sent out a message saying that we could go home if we wanted, but I didn't go as the message isn't really for contract employees I don't think AND I had just arrived!
They said there would be freezing rain overnight and I heard the neighbours scraping out their cars in the morning. The school buses were cancelled. I left at 7:30 to walk in. It wasn't really precipitating and wasn't too slippery so I made it in in good time.
Myron walked James to school around 9. He said about 1/2 his class was there. But his teacher was and that was the most important!
I walked over to RMC around 10 and it was a cross between rain and freezing rain- kinda like spiky rain. Enviro canada has a big red freezing rain warning still. We'll see how it is getting home!
We're supposed to get 5-10cm of snow, presumably after the freezing rain.
ETA @2pm The red freezing raining flag has been lifted and it now says it is snowing. I haven't actually looked out the window. A couple of hours ago RMC sent out a message saying that we could go home if we wanted, but I didn't go as the message isn't really for contract employees I don't think AND I had just arrived!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home