Bus ride part 2
Today James got to tell his daycare about the bus ride, and he seemed pretty pleased with it and himself. On the way to daycare we talked about it as well. His is one of the last stops so he said that he thought 'it was NEVER going to get to my stop'. (Lorna- it's a 1/2 hour bus ride and a 10 minute bike ride, so I easily beat the bus)
When we talked with the daycare teacher he told her 'when I saw my mom, I knew that was my stop'. I thought that was cute. He also said that noone sat with him on the bus and he was really disappointed by that. Everyone else sat and talked but he didn't get to talk to anyone. This was a problem that I hadn't anticipated because when you take the 'adult' busses most people LIKE to sit on their own. But the daycare teacher was just 'well, next time ask someone to sit with you!'. Yes, it can be as simple as that.
One other potential problem that I noted yesterday is that in the morning, the bus he would have been on arrived after the morning bell had rung and so his class line would have gone in already, so we discussed what to do in case he encounters this as well.
The construction starts at 7am and ends at 5pm. Yesterday they managed to lay 2 of the pipes. It looks like there are at least 6 more, so at least 3 more days!
Is was very rainy here yesterday, but today is sunny and I have hung laundry out. Good thing too. I took apart the dryer vent to put in the new dryer vent that Al bought for us, oh, 5 years ago. After I put it in, it seemed to be about an inch too short. Myron went to Canadian tire to see if he could get a longer one, but they were all about an inch too short. Apparently we have thick walls. So now the old one is lying on the floor because I can't bear to put it back in and the new one is still in but my dryer is unusable! I think I'm going to Church with Kim tonight so maybe we'll pop by Rona and see if they have longer ones.
Myron also saw the dr. yesterday and she has him off work for another month. Tomorrow he heads to Toronto for a checkup with his surgeon. After that he may be able to chew again!
When we talked with the daycare teacher he told her 'when I saw my mom, I knew that was my stop'. I thought that was cute. He also said that noone sat with him on the bus and he was really disappointed by that. Everyone else sat and talked but he didn't get to talk to anyone. This was a problem that I hadn't anticipated because when you take the 'adult' busses most people LIKE to sit on their own. But the daycare teacher was just 'well, next time ask someone to sit with you!'. Yes, it can be as simple as that.
One other potential problem that I noted yesterday is that in the morning, the bus he would have been on arrived after the morning bell had rung and so his class line would have gone in already, so we discussed what to do in case he encounters this as well.
The construction starts at 7am and ends at 5pm. Yesterday they managed to lay 2 of the pipes. It looks like there are at least 6 more, so at least 3 more days!
Is was very rainy here yesterday, but today is sunny and I have hung laundry out. Good thing too. I took apart the dryer vent to put in the new dryer vent that Al bought for us, oh, 5 years ago. After I put it in, it seemed to be about an inch too short. Myron went to Canadian tire to see if he could get a longer one, but they were all about an inch too short. Apparently we have thick walls. So now the old one is lying on the floor because I can't bear to put it back in and the new one is still in but my dryer is unusable! I think I'm going to Church with Kim tonight so maybe we'll pop by Rona and see if they have longer ones.
Myron also saw the dr. yesterday and she has him off work for another month. Tomorrow he heads to Toronto for a checkup with his surgeon. After that he may be able to chew again!

1 Comments:
Thanks for dropping by.
I appreciate your comment.
Especially anything that helps me understand the heart of a woman.
Post a Comment
<< Home