Saturday, June 09, 2007

Star muffin

I read what I wrote this morning and had to read it twice- I wrote that *this* morning? It seems so long ago! I guess being up at 5am will do that. I did manage to mow the lawn, clean the kitchen and wash 1/2 of the kitchen floor before we left for Geralds' (only 1/2 the floor so we could walk on the other half:)
Then we went to Geralds:

At first James was pretty shy around the bigger kids and I thought if he just manages to get 1 goal out of this, he'll be over the moon. But I'll tell ya what. That kid is determined. He was really determined to get the ball and moved in and out of the bigger kids with ease. He scored over 10 goals and then he played when everyone else quit playing (he played both teams, scoring on each net equally)
It was really neat to meet Gerald's neighbours. I had so much fun this aft. I never expected that.
After we got back from James playing hockey for 3 hours, he wanted to play with his neighbour friends (not too long), then he went in the bath, then needed a snack (no wonder after all that energy exertion!). While he had his snack, he watched the end of the final hockey game for the umpteenth time. He loves it when all the ducks hug at the end. He integrates that into his games too. When he plays soccer/hockey with his cars, wooden people or freezies, the players always hug after each goal.
He finally crashed in bed while I was making a new type of apple muffin. I have to say- they look like bran muffins- not too appetizing, but they taste AMAZING and are very healthy too- 3 apples and a carrot in them.
Yesterday James was playing his hockey games outside using blue boxes as goals. When he got a goal he would say "look who's dancing now" and proceed to dance:






The exercise after a goal seems as much as the goal itself!

1 Comments:

Blogger doseger said...

this kid reminds me of winnie the pooh. am glad he is liking the frozen game. this year we should take him to a frontenacs game.
i think he is ready.

June 11, 2007 at 5:39:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home