Sunday, June 03, 2007

24 to destructo

Well, today did not go so swimmingly. I think James is bored of me already.
We went to Rustle and James had a great time getting hot and sweaty with the kids in the back grassy area. I got to hear Al's message uninterrupted. It was on taking things slowly, which I do think is important, but do not practice very often :)
I thought it was interesting how Al took one day where he would just react to external things and one day just to react to internal things.
I thought about that at 4pm when my allergies were in full swing and my internal body was telling me that I was tired and needed to rest and my external 5 year old was telling me we needed to play!

We spent the hottest part of the day in the basketball pool. James won't stay outside at all on his own due to the wasp factor. So, if I go inside for anything, he follows me. So much for independance. When he was getting ready to go in the pool he put some shorts on- he said because his friends wear shorts in their pool. But as soon as the shorts got wet, he took them off because he didn't like the feel. Peer pressure can only get you so far.

Speaking of clothing, he noticed that I was wearing the same shorts today as yesterday. He objected to this. I told him I hadn't spilled anything on them, so it was ok. I don't think I have as many clothes as he does!

Also, he noted that Don Cherry's clothing was 'girlie'

Edited to add: after I posted this I read a post at hold this space that seemed to be along the same lines as what Al was talking about today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home