Teeth
The wisdom teeth thing would happen here in Kingston (my mom asked). Pity Myron's mouth.
Last night wasn't a very good night. I woke at 1 and then James was up at 2. He hasn't been up at night in a long time. It took me a long time to get back to sleep after that. But I had a great dream, I'll have to write down soon.
Myron is working late tonight in preparation for his grill session tomorrow. James and I are getting haircuts after I pick him up at daycare. I haven't figured out dinner yet, but james and I both like pasta with cheese (no sauce, just cheese!) so that's an option.
I talked with James about school last night and he was a bit emotional about it. I'd like him to go to the l'ecole cathedral (is that your school marlene?) because is seems nice and small (we'll visit in a few weeks) and our neighbours go there so they could help him on the bus, but he seems partial to Rideau (which is also closer to our house) only because his friend rebecca goes there. It's a bigger school though. It would be French immersion either way. We'll visit both and see what he thinks after, I guess.
I also wanted to mention an amazing post I read yesterday by Rick. You can read the whole thing here
but this is an excerpt:
As best I can tell, Jesus wasn’t big on “rules and answers”. Jesus never shamed people for being who they are. That’s what makes people sick in the first place. Jesus did not attempt to teach people how “bad” they were, if anything he attempted to show people how "good" or "valuable" they are. He did not condemn people for their poor choices; choosing evil over good. I certainly don’t think that he taught people how bad and flawed they are; he attempted to help people regain their self-respect, humanity, integrity, honor and dignity. Those don’t come through the right sound-bite answers and rigid rule systems. It comes through acceptance, love, and an experience of the sacred usually after all the answers and rigid systems have stopped working and one has slapped bottom. Then we discover the Sacred One in our midst; the Lover of our souls; our Creator; the God of grace.
Perhaps we need to give-up the rules, codes, and "right" answers that keep us locked from a true, direct experience of God. Instead of hiding from our shame, perhaps we can learn to accept it and embrace it. Any maybe, once we have a authentic experience of God, we'll love God, ourselves and others.
Jesus didn’t need rules or sound-bites; the right leadership book or the right prayer book; Mozart or mainstream music; a mohawk, goatee, or a guru-- he just loved God.
Last night wasn't a very good night. I woke at 1 and then James was up at 2. He hasn't been up at night in a long time. It took me a long time to get back to sleep after that. But I had a great dream, I'll have to write down soon.
Myron is working late tonight in preparation for his grill session tomorrow. James and I are getting haircuts after I pick him up at daycare. I haven't figured out dinner yet, but james and I both like pasta with cheese (no sauce, just cheese!) so that's an option.
I talked with James about school last night and he was a bit emotional about it. I'd like him to go to the l'ecole cathedral (is that your school marlene?) because is seems nice and small (we'll visit in a few weeks) and our neighbours go there so they could help him on the bus, but he seems partial to Rideau (which is also closer to our house) only because his friend rebecca goes there. It's a bigger school though. It would be French immersion either way. We'll visit both and see what he thinks after, I guess.
I also wanted to mention an amazing post I read yesterday by Rick. You can read the whole thing here
but this is an excerpt:
As best I can tell, Jesus wasn’t big on “rules and answers”. Jesus never shamed people for being who they are. That’s what makes people sick in the first place. Jesus did not attempt to teach people how “bad” they were, if anything he attempted to show people how "good" or "valuable" they are. He did not condemn people for their poor choices; choosing evil over good. I certainly don’t think that he taught people how bad and flawed they are; he attempted to help people regain their self-respect, humanity, integrity, honor and dignity. Those don’t come through the right sound-bite answers and rigid rule systems. It comes through acceptance, love, and an experience of the sacred usually after all the answers and rigid systems have stopped working and one has slapped bottom. Then we discover the Sacred One in our midst; the Lover of our souls; our Creator; the God of grace.
Perhaps we need to give-up the rules, codes, and "right" answers that keep us locked from a true, direct experience of God. Instead of hiding from our shame, perhaps we can learn to accept it and embrace it. Any maybe, once we have a authentic experience of God, we'll love God, ourselves and others.
Jesus didn’t need rules or sound-bites; the right leadership book or the right prayer book; Mozart or mainstream music; a mohawk, goatee, or a guru-- he just loved God.

1 Comments:
starting school is a big step for all kids - but usually goes well
French emmersion sounds a good choice
Post a Comment
<< Home