Meltwater

What is it with Wednesday morning? Last week, I attributed the meltdown to him heading to the daycare after he just woke up with no breakfast or anything. But today. He was up early. We had a snuggle. He got dressed, ate his breakfast, played a few games on the computer and then just as we were about to leave, the meltdown occured. Well, at least it was at home instead of with the brand new teacher on her first day on her own at the daycare like last week!
I don't really know what the meltdown was about, other than it was time to go to the daycare, but he certainly was behaving badly and he lost his computer priveledges for tonight. Funny to be grounding my child from the computer and he's only 4! A couple of weeks ago, the punishment would have been taking away one of his trains. But punishments must evolve with the child!
Wednesday is the only day I have a morning class, so maybe he picks up on the fact that I am more in a rush? But Friday morning I take him in early to go to RMC and there isn't a problem at all.
So the walk to daycare was a quiet one! and grumpy.
Hopefully, the evening will be better :) Myron is working tonight. I bought James some of the bread he likes, so we'll probably have pasta and cheese with bread tonight. We'll watch Raymond and play rousing games of soccer and read books, as well as talk about the problem from this morning.

1 Comments:
computer priviledges are taken away at our house too Aphra. This is currently the most "felt" consequence in our home these days as soren (also 4) has discovered the tvokids.com site. A good site mind you...
love reading of your daily stuff.
miss you guys.
Post a Comment
<< Home