Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"Babies should sometimes be spanked"

The quote was on a poster in the hall at work. I thought "oh, that is an interesting military parenting group" but it was actually for some sort of sports game. I think they were implying that the opposing team were babies. I hope they win, it would be sad to lose to babies, wouldn't it?

Someone phoned today. James picked up the phone, and after listening he looked at me and said "M. Rogers?". I said "He's not in", which James repeated back. Then James asked me when he would be in. "Around 11", I answered, really having no clue when he will be in! But James dutifully repeated it back. We seem to be getting a lot of telemarketers recently. Not sure if it's the beginning of the year boost (I hope this means Tammy gets more hours anyway!) I've got a lot from security systems people, who obviously have not seen my house. This is not a house that needs a security system! And, rather than taking no for an answer, they want to get in a conversation with me about security systems. Which I don't mind. But I tell them upfront they are wasting their time.

Tomorrow, I have a heap of meetings in the morning and then a tutorial in the evening. James is looking forward to Pioneer club tomorrow night "I can't wait to see Mrs. Johnson" (his teacher) he says.
Friday, I'm back at RMC for the last time for 2 weeks. My boss is pretty freaky about this, but my next 2 weeks are completely full with classes at Queen's. I'm trying to get my RMC computer off a spam list that blocks my emails because I have this list with about 1500 names, sometimes I look spammish. Maybe I am spammish.

Because of the way my schedule is, and the way our daycare is, Myron is going to have to pick James up 3 times a week from the daycare. He says this means he'll have to work Saturdays. I will also have to be more organized with the meals, as I'll have to use the slow cooker a lot because I'll be getting in later this term. I need to make a schedule now for him to show his boss to arrange all this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

LMAO, It wouldn't be me selling you a home security system. I would be the one calling about children's books or columbia house.

January 12, 2007 at 2:30:00 PM EST  
Blogger Tammy said...

You know what I do when they call me about a security system for my house? I just tell them that I don't own my house and they just say, "Oh, thank you."
And they don't bug me over the phone. Then make sure to tell them to remove your name from their calling list and that should stop them from calling you.

January 13, 2007 at 9:39:00 AM EST  
Blogger Aphra said...

I suppose I can't even lie to security telemarketers. I'm more likely to buy children's books than a security system!

January 13, 2007 at 2:26:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home