Thursday, December 07, 2006

Let the crying begin

It took 1/2 hour to send my copying letters and now the whirlwind week will commence. Lots of crying, I'm sure.

Our trip back went really well. All the trains and buses were on time. James behaved perfectly. Noone talked to him about Santa and gave him heebeegeebies. There were only 2 parents travelling with children on the Kingston train. One was a dad with 3 children (gasp). One of his children was in a snugli, though the dad claimed it wasn't too snugli for him! He was going to Ottawa. Said it was his Christmas present to his wife! He was in a different train car than us, so James couldn't play with his boy about the same age. So James was the only child on our train car. The conductor really liked him and came by to talk to him a few times. When he was taking tickets, the lady behind us said something to the conductor about hating noise. Hmm. Why sit behind the 4 year old? He actually wasn't the noisiest person on the train car though. There was a group at the front that were having an amusing time. Apparently it was someone's birthday. When the conductor showed them the emergency window, they asked if they had to help other passengers out or if they would just smash the window out and get going? It was pretty amusing. I hope they weren't being serious.

We got home and unpacked everything. I don't think I forgot anything of significance! Last time I forgot quite a lot.

Then we had art time, thanks to Oma's gift of the finger paints.

Myron is still sick. He's got to get an immune system boost. He's going for a physical today. Told him I hope he passes. So I had to sleep on the couch!
James was pleased to see Myron last night but the funny thing this morning was he was soooo happy to see ME when he woke up. It was like I was his long lost friend. What a funny lad.

My mind has been so wrapped up with this copying that now I've sent the letters, I'm at a loss as to what I need to do with the rest of my day. I need to prepare for my meeting about my job today. It's started snowing, making the whole biking thing more complicated.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Santa gives James the heebeejeebees? Why?

December 8, 2006 at 12:30:00 AM EST  
Blogger Aphra said...

He doesn't like the idea of a strange man coming in our house in the middle of the night.

At daycare last year when Santa came, James wouldn't sit on his lap because he "didn't know him"

I would say James is fairly streetproofed!

December 8, 2006 at 9:10:00 AM EST  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yeah, I guess the idea of a stranger coming in a sneaky way (he never just uses the door afterall!) while you're sleeping could be a bit alarming. I never even thought of it that way.

December 8, 2006 at 1:05:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home