Saturday, October 07, 2006

The hour long email

I had to write an email to my boss yesterday, and it took me an hour. Yes, a whole hour. I have asked for a meeting with him about the direction my job is going.

They have, however, figured out HOW they are going to pay me. They can't make me an adjunct because they would have had to post the job first. (They screwed up by not posting it) So, instead they are hiring me as an academic assistant, which, incidentally, will pay me $4000 more than being an adjunct would. So, ha! on titles. But my job is very much at risk for next year. Being an adjunct would have given me some stability.

This weekend is Thanksgiving. I have lots of work to do on the weekend. I have to go into RMC on Monday. I have marking to do in the evenings while James sleeps. I have no plan for meals, but I better make one soon as I'm doing the grocery shopping in about an hour! I don't think we'll be going to Church this weekend because last week at Next they prayed for us as the Rustlers were leaving, but then we aren't actually able to open Rustle until next week. So, I'm working on some special Thanksgiving things to do with James. It will be fun. But no bird and no family for us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

I need to have a bird for Thanksgiving; it's my favourite kind of meal.

October 8, 2006 at 10:22:00 AM EDT  
Blogger rab said...

The crowd was a little thin at Next this week. Even I sat in the pews.

October 10, 2006 at 8:56:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home