Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Page of swamp

I dropped James at the daycare at 7:40am. Started work by getting my overheads ready for my presentation at 8:30. Had my presentation at 8:30 and they were all quiet, but they weren't listening (as I found out later). There had been some kind of Eng. buddies thing last night, so they were all very tired. After 3 hours of them, they left and my next class was to start at 11:30 but these people had a hard time showing up. I did the presentation again, but I was still missing 1/4 of the class. Eventually they all showed up, but they had a hard time because they didn't listen to my presentation. They stayed until 1:30 and I got an hour lunch, which I spent working for RMC. Then my next crew of students showed up at 2:30. This is the grumpy class. But they actually listened to my presentation (because I told them the previous 2 classes had not!). They finished faster (because they listened! duh) and I got to leave at 4:30.
I had chilli in the slow cooker and myron was ready to eat it when I got home because he had a class at 6:30. So we ate, then I hung out with James for a bit as he played with the neighbour kids. He's pretty proud of the bike riding but he tips sometimes, so I try to catch him.
Then I put him to bed at 7:30 and worked on my TA presentation for tomorrow. I think it's pretty much ready. I also had a lot of red tape course work to plug into the computer.
Now it's almost 9:30 and I'm thinking I should wash the dishes. I still have a eap of marking, which is tempting to complete, because I like things DONE, but I really, really need dishes, so I think that will win.
Just one more crazy day tomorrow and life will settle down.
Sometimes I really think a clone of myself would be good to work with!
I actually like all the work and it really challenges my brain to think so much more, which is a good feeling.

As an amusing sidenote, my most popular page on my website (for people who come upon my site by accident) is the Aug 28,2005 entry as people search for the lake featured on that days post. I won't mention the lake here, otherwise all the poor people searching for info on the lake will land here!
One person found my blog by searching for 'people against shwarzenneger' or something like that. I found it quite funny.
My cold was better today. Thank God! I'm taking it easy as best I can- I'll go to bed after washing the dishes.

4 Comments:

Blogger rab said...

I had a joke about clones at one time. If you remind me sometime, I'll try to remember enough of it to tell it. I vaguely recall that I thought it was funny. Even if no one else did.

September 27, 2006 at 9:02:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the latest one was the one about starlings ... the three most recent were missing ... now present. A bit like your students I guess.

be blessed

September 28, 2006 at 1:36:00 AM EDT  
Blogger see-through faith said...

it's something on bloglines :S

it says the real address, but the newest stuff only becomes visible when I press refresh ... which kind of defeats the whole thing don't you think???

September 28, 2006 at 10:20:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well .. I did as you said and deleted you and put your address back on bloglines and it works for now - but it did work earlier too - and as I said it was showing the basic url so I don't get it

anyway if you don't hear from me come find me

and do write more about what's happening in Rustle :)

September 28, 2006 at 2:47:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home