The wrong path
Tonight I needed to drop some library books off before I went to Diannas. I originally was going to drop off the books and go back to Palace Road to walk down to Johnson but when I got to the library I saw that there was an easy path to Sir John A and thought it would be easy to take that route. So it was snowy and dark and I was walking a new route. So I started off thinking I would be able to find the sidewalk. The snow was 1/2 way up my boot so having a sidewalk or not doesn't make too much difference but it still is a bit easier with a sidewalk. So I'm walking and thinking that it will eventually get better, but it never did. I plowed through anyway but I think the degree of difficulty of the walk was much higher than if I took Palace Road which I KNOW has sidewalks. It seemed a bit baffling that a road as big a Sir John A. didn't have a sidewalk. But maybe it did, just very buried. This can be an analogy for things in life as well. Sometimes you think you are on the right road but find that you can't find the sidewalk and the visibility is diminished because of all the stuff flying in your face. But you just need to plow through and you'll make it to a path that has sidewalk eventually!
For the walk home the snow had intensified and the visibility was poor but the walking was fine.
I saw Christine yesterday at St. Mary's. Carolyn had been in the morning and she had a busy day of physio and other appointments so I said I would only stay a few minutes, but I ended up staying an hour and a half.
James has a presentation on Friday and needs to practice a lot so if there is a snow day tomorrow he will have his work cut out for him.
His class is also having a pot luck French Revellion lunch on Dec 18 so he needs to bring something. I'm thinking of Apple juice instead of mulled apple cider or baking some French bread. I am not adventurous enough to try a lot of the recipes online!
For the walk home the snow had intensified and the visibility was poor but the walking was fine.
I saw Christine yesterday at St. Mary's. Carolyn had been in the morning and she had a busy day of physio and other appointments so I said I would only stay a few minutes, but I ended up staying an hour and a half.
James has a presentation on Friday and needs to practice a lot so if there is a snow day tomorrow he will have his work cut out for him.
His class is also having a pot luck French Revellion lunch on Dec 18 so he needs to bring something. I'm thinking of Apple juice instead of mulled apple cider or baking some French bread. I am not adventurous enough to try a lot of the recipes online!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home