In the dark
When I walked out of work yesterday, I noticed that Queen's was well let but as I walked off Queen's things seemed darker. I thought to myself- my Queen's does a much better job of lighting things than the city. As I kept walking I noticed that it was really hard to see the ice when I was walking and did I normally have this trouble when walking at night. Maybe it got icier. I was heading to Johns. The lights at Princess and University were out so I crossed at Princess and Alfred and doubled back to Johns. It was closed.
At that point I realized that I was walking through a power failure.
Interestingly someone was also trying to keep me in the dark about something at work and it is all very puzzling about why, because it wasn't something that was a big deal, but why they were trying to keep it a "secret" was odd. I prefer it when people are direct but realize that sometimes it is more comfortable for people not to be.
Monday itself felt like it lasted a week. I am barely getting by on replying to email and with all the drop ins. I hope to get more on top of it all tomorrow!
At that point I realized that I was walking through a power failure.
Interestingly someone was also trying to keep me in the dark about something at work and it is all very puzzling about why, because it wasn't something that was a big deal, but why they were trying to keep it a "secret" was odd. I prefer it when people are direct but realize that sometimes it is more comfortable for people not to be.
Monday itself felt like it lasted a week. I am barely getting by on replying to email and with all the drop ins. I hope to get more on top of it all tomorrow!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home