Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Versus the chill

Our wind chill is currently -31 and we have a "wind chill warning". Winnipeg has -39 and no warning. Are we wimpier than Winnipegers?

I was rather disturbed to see Dellen Millards recent jailhouse interview. While the Bosma's had to spend Christmas without Tim, Dellen takes up space to say that he didn't do it, but won't answer any questions about the crime because he claims the system is against him. Dellen is not the victim here, Tim's family is. Such lack of remorse and insight.

Jonathan was over today and they were playing Minecraft and apparently there was another one of Jonathan's friends that they were playing with and he got upset with Jonathan and James and this led to a great deal of upset here as James and Jonathan tried to deal with the emotions of another person. They were both crying at times. What impressed me was that they were trying to talk it out using as much emotional language as they have. Jonathan went home early. Afterwards, I was talking to James and trying to find out what the other boy was upset about, but James said he didn't know (or didn't want to tell me). I was asking really to determine James' emotional maturity- if he could see things from another point of view. But as far as I could tell, he couldn't.

He asked me to play this song as he tried to sleep tonight:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home