Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy new year!

Last night Kim and I did our ritual new year event by going to her church for the 10pm service.
What is different this year is that she normally gets up at 3am to go to work and so I had to keep jostling her through the service to keep her awake.
It was the best new years service yet. Kim's church has always been pretty exuberant but they had in the past taken themselves pretty seriously. This year I noticed they were a lot more relaxed.
Kim stayed over after the service as she had to get up early to let the horses out. And she was so tired she would never have made it home safely at that point.
We got home around 1:30. She got up at 4:30am, which of course got me up. She was on the road by 5am. I got back to sleep around 6am and James got up at 7am. He came for a snuggle and we slept again until 9am.
Then I did some work trying to get marks ready to go out in a couple of days.
Now I'll head out to do some shoveling, though there is really a limited amount I can do as there is ice underneath most things and it is better to keep the snow on top to keep the traction. I'll do the stairs though. The fresh air will help wake me up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home