Interminable winter
The effects of the 60+ hours of freezing rain are visible everywhere. Trees down. Lines down. Ice on the roof. Snow-ice on the ground that is so hard that you can't shovel it. I put down some salt mix in hopes of keeping a grip on our paths. Literal grip.
But the worst part is that I look at it and I know it is going to freeze tomorrow and I don't see that there is any way that I'll see the pavement again until spring. Months and months of winter still lie ahead. So gloomy. I am not so keen on winter.
Marlene commented that it may be a Dutch thing to like licorice. Now, I thought licorice allsorts came from Britain so I think you'd have to blame my father's side for that. Dutch do like the "dropje"s which are kind of like licorice but different.Peggy gave me a bag of Double Zout a couple of weeks ago and I tried one and I remembered how much of a punch they packed. Peggy is lucky that I have the Dutch heritage to stand them!
I should have also mentioned (for my mother) that Barbara also dropped off a package of loose leaf tea so I will have lots of opportunity to try my new infuser. So many years using bags and now a flurry of loose leaf. Maybe making a comeback. It is green tea though and I haven't had that before so we'll have to see if I actually like it!
I stayed up late reading "Alone in the Schoolhouse" book that I picked up from my parent's discard pile! Going back to it now.
But the worst part is that I look at it and I know it is going to freeze tomorrow and I don't see that there is any way that I'll see the pavement again until spring. Months and months of winter still lie ahead. So gloomy. I am not so keen on winter.
Marlene commented that it may be a Dutch thing to like licorice. Now, I thought licorice allsorts came from Britain so I think you'd have to blame my father's side for that. Dutch do like the "dropje"s which are kind of like licorice but different.Peggy gave me a bag of Double Zout a couple of weeks ago and I tried one and I remembered how much of a punch they packed. Peggy is lucky that I have the Dutch heritage to stand them!
I should have also mentioned (for my mother) that Barbara also dropped off a package of loose leaf tea so I will have lots of opportunity to try my new infuser. So many years using bags and now a flurry of loose leaf. Maybe making a comeback. It is green tea though and I haven't had that before so we'll have to see if I actually like it!
I stayed up late reading "Alone in the Schoolhouse" book that I picked up from my parent's discard pile! Going back to it now.

1 Comments:
sneaks in and hopes she is doing so quietly
Finns like licorice a lot - must be a Northern european thing! Licorice Allsorts are called English licorice here :)
Post a Comment
<< Home