zone
We're one street out of the evacuation zone. From the 7:15 update- The current evacuation perimeter is: Victoria to the east, Regent to the west, Mack to the south and Concession to the north.
You can still see smoke billowing but it is all white smoke now. They are saying it is contained now. They seem to be letting tow trucks into the area now because they are driving down park st with burnt out cars. So that's a sign that things are getting better. Waiting for the evacuation zone to get smaller and then we know things are getting better.
I walked by the site around 9:30am this morning and at the time thought to myself that the site was really quiet today. Turned out not to be such a quiet day.
Interestingly, a lady named Sharon wrote to city council on Nov 7 calling the development a "tinderbox"- I'm sure she didn't anticipate this though.
Earlier in the day I emailed the city because Park and Regent intersection was so slippery. I don't think they had a chance to do anything about it before it became a major thoroughfare with people avoiding Princess St.
Now, of course, probably all the roads around there are slippery due to the water used to fight the fire.
You can still see smoke billowing but it is all white smoke now. They are saying it is contained now. They seem to be letting tow trucks into the area now because they are driving down park st with burnt out cars. So that's a sign that things are getting better. Waiting for the evacuation zone to get smaller and then we know things are getting better.
I walked by the site around 9:30am this morning and at the time thought to myself that the site was really quiet today. Turned out not to be such a quiet day.
Interestingly, a lady named Sharon wrote to city council on Nov 7 calling the development a "tinderbox"- I'm sure she didn't anticipate this though.
Earlier in the day I emailed the city because Park and Regent intersection was so slippery. I don't think they had a chance to do anything about it before it became a major thoroughfare with people avoiding Princess St.
Now, of course, probably all the roads around there are slippery due to the water used to fight the fire.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home