where there is smoke
there is a funny smell in the air telling you the radiator is about to explode.
Last night I had a class - it was also a good excuse to be out of the house while James was out with his hockey buddies gathering loot. When I came out of the classroom on the second floor to go to my office to do some work, I smelled something a bit funny. I looked over the balcony but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. There's a shop and a tea room so I figured one of them had a minor problem.
I worked in my office for a good hour before the fire alarm went off. I grabbed all my outdoor stuff and keys and went to the building beside mine (they are attached) where the fire alarm was not ringing. You could still hear it though. But I figured I was in a safe building. So I moved on to the next building. There is was quiet. I put my coat on and went outside to see the fire trucks arrive. There were about 4 of them. 3 of them left really quickly. One stayed. Then the fire alarm went off in all the surrounding buildings. I think from my time in the exam office that they are on a delay. This means they will go off if no override is hit to say that it is a false alarm. It wasn't a false alarm so off they went. Not that any of the people from surrounding buildings were in any danger. Nor really were the ones from ours. It was just they were being super safe. The heater in the front entry way must have had an electrical fault or something as it was smoking and smelling pretty badly.
James as he was going to bed was dancing around singing
"Jamesie Jamesie kung fu James"
And I said
"Go to bed"
And he said (while still singing and dancing
"Kung fo James doesn't know what bed is"
And I was all like
"You don't need to know what it is just go to it!"
He was pretty funny!
Last night I had a class - it was also a good excuse to be out of the house while James was out with his hockey buddies gathering loot. When I came out of the classroom on the second floor to go to my office to do some work, I smelled something a bit funny. I looked over the balcony but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. There's a shop and a tea room so I figured one of them had a minor problem.
I worked in my office for a good hour before the fire alarm went off. I grabbed all my outdoor stuff and keys and went to the building beside mine (they are attached) where the fire alarm was not ringing. You could still hear it though. But I figured I was in a safe building. So I moved on to the next building. There is was quiet. I put my coat on and went outside to see the fire trucks arrive. There were about 4 of them. 3 of them left really quickly. One stayed. Then the fire alarm went off in all the surrounding buildings. I think from my time in the exam office that they are on a delay. This means they will go off if no override is hit to say that it is a false alarm. It wasn't a false alarm so off they went. Not that any of the people from surrounding buildings were in any danger. Nor really were the ones from ours. It was just they were being super safe. The heater in the front entry way must have had an electrical fault or something as it was smoking and smelling pretty badly.
James as he was going to bed was dancing around singing
"Jamesie Jamesie kung fu James"
And I said
"Go to bed"
And he said (while still singing and dancing
"Kung fo James doesn't know what bed is"
And I was all like
"You don't need to know what it is just go to it!"
He was pretty funny!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home