Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The run

James' team at the tournament tied the first game, won the next 2 and then lost the 4th so he didn't make it into the finals but he sure played a lot of hockey!

Shirt-quest

I tried explaining Marlene's idea of layering to James but he didn't really like the idea of having to put on 2 items of clothing. The effort is too much for an 8 year old who only changes when I force him to. He would wear the same clothing for the whole year, I think, if it weren't for me! So the fact that he only had 2 shirts that fit really wasn't an issue for him, just for me.
I found 2 shirts in what seemed to be his size at Giant Tiger. They had a lot of pajamas and stuff but not a lot of shirts and pants. The one NHL shirt they had in his size was the Senators. Apparently the teams he supports depends on his size. He's growing out of the Maple Leafs into the Senators.
The other shirt was a colourful green and purple one.
Today I went to Loblaws and found another shirt that may fit him- it was for the Northern Hockey League.
I also found him some new splash pants.
None of these items have been actually tried on (as this requires far too much effort from an 8 year old) but I don't think they will be too small- more likely too big. I may hem the arms if it comes down to that being an issue.

This morning I did the grocery shopping. Food Basics was really quiet. Loblaws I went to second and that seemed to be a bit busier. My 'points' covered the cost of James' splash pants and shirt ($30 worth total) so that was a nice surprise.

The afternoon involved a lot of Lego building. His cargo tank is now complete. I have pictures but haven't downloaded them yet.

I am not much further on my holiday cards as I was interrupted by Lego.

I am now thinking of driving out to Zellers tomorrow to work on getting pants for James. If I am successful, he'll have all new outfits for school. So spiffy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

It was worth a shot :)

December 29, 2010 at 6:33:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home