Sunday, November 28, 2010

amherst

James has been 'rostered' as an alternate on the "Player development" team for his league. This means we pay more money but he may play some more games. I think he's pleased about being on the team. He doesn't care about the money of course.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day at a funeral on Amherst Island. I had never been to the island before. You have to take a ferry over. Luckily, I went with Geoff and Anne and Geoff can reverse really well. This was important as the ferry was full (lot of people for the funeral) and so the cars had to be squeezed in pretty tight. The ferry is not a drive on- drive off ferry- it's a drive on- reverse off ferry. It was very windy when we went over, so there was a strong rocking motion. It felt a lot like flying. The way back the ferry was not so full and the wind had died down so it was a pretty quiet journey. It was dark so we could watch the stars as we made the trip.

Most of the people on the island came to the funeral (it seemed) and so when everyone from the ferry arrived at the Church it was already pretty full, so we ended up getting a the front seat. The islanders are a little community. The man who died had made it more of a healing community. You could tell from the stories they told. One probably hates to have funerals on their list of best moments, but this was a truly incredible funeral. I am honoured to have been a part of it by being there.

I'm currently listening to "Stained Glass Masquerade" by Casting Crowns.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amrita said...

I have people living in St John (NB) they go to PEI, lovely place.

I listen to free onlin e Christmas music - nice seasonal feel.

November 28, 2010 at 10:53:00 PM EST  
Blogger jordin said...

Good for James!!! Sorry for your wallet!

November 29, 2010 at 10:58:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home