nice
My long-missing TA finally showed up this week, so I no longer have his work as well as mine. I thought that life would get easier, but I managed to get another marking job. It is marking essays for a course I do in the fall. In the winter term it is (for the first time) being given by correspondence. So there are essays to mark. I have marked exams for this teacher before, which is more direct- either they know the answer to the question or they do not! For the essays, he wants me to write a short blurb at the end. I will make a template as he wants me to write a similar blurb on each one.
I will tell them I enjoyed their essay and appreciate their ideas. Then any suggestions for improvement. Then thank them for submitting the essay and hope that they find the feedback helpful.
But what if I don't enjoy their essay? I suspect I am not allowed to tell them that! lol.
James seems to be doing much better today, no fever and the appetite has increased, so it's looking good!
I went to the school today to pick up his homework and his lunch (we order hot lunches on Tues and Wed). James was waiting for me when I got home- he wanted that lunch!
We spent the afternoon doing his homework.
I'm going to the WITH meeting at the Church soon.
Tomorrow, I have a class in the morning and will head out to RMC as soon as I can get out.
Friday starts with a class in the morning again. Lunch with Lisa! Then the afternoon marking the enjoyable essays.
I will tell them I enjoyed their essay and appreciate their ideas. Then any suggestions for improvement. Then thank them for submitting the essay and hope that they find the feedback helpful.
But what if I don't enjoy their essay? I suspect I am not allowed to tell them that! lol.
James seems to be doing much better today, no fever and the appetite has increased, so it's looking good!
I went to the school today to pick up his homework and his lunch (we order hot lunches on Tues and Wed). James was waiting for me when I got home- he wanted that lunch!
We spent the afternoon doing his homework.
I'm going to the WITH meeting at the Church soon.
Tomorrow, I have a class in the morning and will head out to RMC as soon as I can get out.
Friday starts with a class in the morning again. Lunch with Lisa! Then the afternoon marking the enjoyable essays.

2 Comments:
Thank you for dropping by Aphra. God bless you as you serve the Body of Christ and your family.
I know what you mean about the essays. My rule of thumb is: say something nice about the essay at the beginning, put all the constructive criticism in the middle, then say something nice again at the end. But sometimes it can be really, really hard to think of one nice (and truthful) thing to say, let alone two!
Post a Comment
<< Home