Sunday, March 09, 2008

Rugby

Our computer had some issues so Myron worked on it most of the weekend. He has now deemed it 'issueless'. For now.
On Saturday the boys went to basketball by bus, as we again were heaped in snow. I went to Michelle's pampered chef party and Chantal gave me the mandolin I bought at the last one. When I got home James wanted to help use the mandolin to grate cheese for the pizza for dinner. We had to work at it a bit. There is some learning curve to this mandolin. But for large quantities of cheese it does seem quite useful.
Yesterday ev. the boys watched hockey night and I tried to get through lots of laundry and dishes. It feels like I spent a lot of time this weekend doing those two things!
This morning James and I waded through the snow to Rustle and it was so worth it to hear Shari talk about her trip to the Dominican. We waded back not so well as James was tired. Then in the afternoon James played his hockey games on the floor while I baked marshmallow chocolate brownies. They were very interesting. A bit overdone, but still pretty good. When they were done (or overdone as the case may be) James and I went out to shovel a bit. I only managed a walkway from the sidewalk to the front door. We had ham, mashed potatoes and broccoli for dinner. A fairly easy dinner compared to my plan of ham casserole!
James saw a commercial for some international rugby game that will be in Kingston June 11. He said he wanted to go. I said 'Do you know what Rugby is?' He said 'Yes, I saw them at Oma and Gadda's. They played Chelsea', which I took to be a no! Do you think he would like a rugby game seeing as he has no idea what it is? He'd probably like the pushing and shoving?

2 Comments:

Blogger eija said...

Erm... I've always thought a mandolin has to do with music, not grating cheese! Maybe a photo would be in order...? grin

March 10, 2008 at 3:36:00 AM EDT  
Blogger rab said...

You know how you read something but see something else? I read "I tried to get through lots of laundry and dishes. It feels like I spent a lot of time this weekend doing those two things!" But my mind switched the word "laundry" with "brandy." I envisioned you spending a lot of time doing lots of brandy and dishes.

March 10, 2008 at 9:28:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home