Excited
James had a great time riding the bus in yesterday morning and was excited and eager to ride it again today.
James got into trouble at school though yesterday. (Well, what he considers trouble anyway) From what I can gather of the story (James' version) another little boy punched him in the playground (why?- I could not get that out of him) and James punched him back. And the teacher on the playground told them to stop. He seemed to indicate that they did stop after that. I told him he should not have punched the boy. Eyes wide he looked at me and said "But he punched me FIRST!". I told him that it's never ok to put your hands on someone else, that he should tell a teacher if someone is hurting him. It is very difficult to teach non violence to a 5 year old who watches hockey. (too many fights for my liking!)
Speaking of hockey, the boys are heading to a fronts game tonight.
I made the muffins again from last week, but I added some coconut instead of making them plain. James tried them this morning and turned up his nose. 'I want the aaaapple ones'. So I guess I'll have to stick with the plain ones. They are very good plain, but I like some baking variety!
James got into trouble at school though yesterday. (Well, what he considers trouble anyway) From what I can gather of the story (James' version) another little boy punched him in the playground (why?- I could not get that out of him) and James punched him back. And the teacher on the playground told them to stop. He seemed to indicate that they did stop after that. I told him he should not have punched the boy. Eyes wide he looked at me and said "But he punched me FIRST!". I told him that it's never ok to put your hands on someone else, that he should tell a teacher if someone is hurting him. It is very difficult to teach non violence to a 5 year old who watches hockey. (too many fights for my liking!)
Speaking of hockey, the boys are heading to a fronts game tonight.
I made the muffins again from last week, but I added some coconut instead of making them plain. James tried them this morning and turned up his nose. 'I want the aaaapple ones'. So I guess I'll have to stick with the plain ones. They are very good plain, but I like some baking variety!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home