Brave
Due to all the snow, James took the bus in the morning for the very first time. Fingers crossed that he did ok.
Wednesdays are heavy days- I work from 8-5. But Thurs. not so bad. I got James on the bus and walked on the street (sidewalks weren't plowed) and got into work about 9:10. I am not swamped anymore, which feels good.
I made the Apple Chicken Stew, which I thought was awesome, but Myron did not like it. I'm making chicken curry tonight, which Myron does like. (chicken was on sale this week- can you tell?)
We had a prayer meeting last night. Before I left, I coincidentally got 2 phone calls, one to say a church member was in the hospital and one from Kim requesting prayer for safety for her and her whole family. Now, Kim doesn't often call with prayer requests, so I take it seriously when she does. She couldn't tell me what it was about, but obviously she and her family have been kidnapped by a drug cartel. I'm meeting with her on Friday when she will tell me what is going on. Apparently she will escape in time to pick me up from work.
The prayer meeting itself went ok. It was the 3 regular ladies + 1 guy who was just released from prison. It was a funny combination and a bit more work to keep on track, but it went well all things considered.
Tonight the new survivor starts. Tomorrow night the boys are going to see the frontenacs at the M Center so I get a bit of a break!
Wednesdays are heavy days- I work from 8-5. But Thurs. not so bad. I got James on the bus and walked on the street (sidewalks weren't plowed) and got into work about 9:10. I am not swamped anymore, which feels good.
I made the Apple Chicken Stew, which I thought was awesome, but Myron did not like it. I'm making chicken curry tonight, which Myron does like. (chicken was on sale this week- can you tell?)
We had a prayer meeting last night. Before I left, I coincidentally got 2 phone calls, one to say a church member was in the hospital and one from Kim requesting prayer for safety for her and her whole family. Now, Kim doesn't often call with prayer requests, so I take it seriously when she does. She couldn't tell me what it was about, but obviously she and her family have been kidnapped by a drug cartel. I'm meeting with her on Friday when she will tell me what is going on. Apparently she will escape in time to pick me up from work.
The prayer meeting itself went ok. It was the 3 regular ladies + 1 guy who was just released from prison. It was a funny combination and a bit more work to keep on track, but it went well all things considered.
Tonight the new survivor starts. Tomorrow night the boys are going to see the frontenacs at the M Center so I get a bit of a break!

3 Comments:
sorry to hear about your friend on eija's blog.
we're having a hard time too.
PS the apple chicken sounds lovely. Wouldn't mind the recipe for that.
and how did the bus TO school go?
Post a Comment
<< Home