Basketball


James had his first basketball lesson today. They learned how to dribble. The coach was really good with the kids. They were 5-6 year olds so most were not terribly coordinated! But the kids were pretty good.
They played a game after they did the skills (Blogger would not let me load the photo for some reason!). James was on the red team. It was VERY interesting to see how he interacted in this new situation. He was very smart in his game as he realized there was a kid that was way better than him (and all the other kids- he must have been almost 7) and so James kept passing him the ball when he got it, becasue James wanted to see the score go up. They don't keep score in kids games, but James does.
They had some time of free bouncing and James got lots of baskets then in the big high nets. It was a lot of fun to watch really. Almost all the parents stayed which was nice for the kids.

Here James is wearing a 'target' and the neighbour kids would shoot foam darts at him. The glasses look akward here because they are on upside down.

I snapped this while James was sleeping last night. I thought it was so cute that he cleaned up the toys he was playing with in bed into a little pile beside him.
After basketball, James and I went downtown to pick up Myron's DQ cake. James saw a hockey cake on display at DQ and wanted that one, but I had to take the one we had ordered! I'll post a pic tomorrow. We also had lunch at DQ (a hot dog each) and their new soft serve chocolate ice cream. James had his in a kiddie cone and I had it in a cup with raspberry topping. Twas great.
We had the pizza hut pizza yesterday. It was good, but greasy so it was hard for me to digest. I have no plan for dinner yet. Hope I come up with one soon. James wants me to go and pray outside now. When it was nice, in the morning I'd normally pray outside at the start of the day. But it's gotten chilly. He likes it when I pray outside because he likes to play outside and have the company!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home