Photo overkill
I'm back! With just some of the pics from our trip- more to come.
James had lots of fun looking for eggs and we even found the missing blue one by the end of the week.

These next 2 pics are for my brother. James found your old soccer shirts and this one fit him perfectly. So sweet. But the funny thing was on the train ride home James was reciting to me which number Nat was on each shirt. (my brother was on a number of teams) So he was saying 'in the green shirt he was number 8' etc. As soon as we got home he changed into my old soccer shirt that was much too large. Apparently we are in the age where a number on your back is important.


The week went by fast. I think James' favorite part was learning to play shoebak (sp?). Too bad I didn't get a picture of that, as most people would have no clue what it is. It's a Dutch game with a large wooden structure.
But the week came to a close and we had to say goodbye.

The train windows were dirty but I managed this shot on the way home:

And while Myron managed to clean the bookshelves, he did not do much in the way of dishes. I'm guessing only 1 load the whole week. There were still dirty dishes that I had left before I went.

The whole house is pretty much a mess as Myron took everything out of the closets and didn't put it all back. And it's filthy but I can't vacuum because there's too much stuff on the floor! Next time I go away, I'm going to have Al housesit.
But I could not tackle The Mess when I got back because I was swamped with work. I told James- Mommy took a week off with you, now you're going to have to play on your own for a few hours while mommy catches up on work. And he was great. And I got on top of my RMC work, and sent my Queen's copying letters. It's all over but the crying now. I'll have heaps of work waiting for me at RMC, but that's for tomorrow to handle.
I am having a lot of trouble falling asleep and was up last night until 2 (though I did manage to finish a good murdery Peter Robinson novel. Though maybe I shouldn't do that sort of thing before bed- I don't think it kept me up any later than I would have been otherwise, just kept me more entertained.
And I have to stay up for another few hours to wait for the bread to finish. But I'm not going to push myself on the cleaning area! I'm pretty tired, but it was Myron who went to bed at 7pm. Just the thought of The Mess tires him out. Well, I didn't actually ask him what time he was up to last night- his tiredness may relate more to that. But I like to think The Mess scares him!
James had lots of fun looking for eggs and we even found the missing blue one by the end of the week.
These next 2 pics are for my brother. James found your old soccer shirts and this one fit him perfectly. So sweet. But the funny thing was on the train ride home James was reciting to me which number Nat was on each shirt. (my brother was on a number of teams) So he was saying 'in the green shirt he was number 8' etc. As soon as we got home he changed into my old soccer shirt that was much too large. Apparently we are in the age where a number on your back is important.


The week went by fast. I think James' favorite part was learning to play shoebak (sp?). Too bad I didn't get a picture of that, as most people would have no clue what it is. It's a Dutch game with a large wooden structure.
But the week came to a close and we had to say goodbye.

The train windows were dirty but I managed this shot on the way home:

And while Myron managed to clean the bookshelves, he did not do much in the way of dishes. I'm guessing only 1 load the whole week. There were still dirty dishes that I had left before I went.
The whole house is pretty much a mess as Myron took everything out of the closets and didn't put it all back. And it's filthy but I can't vacuum because there's too much stuff on the floor! Next time I go away, I'm going to have Al housesit.
But I could not tackle The Mess when I got back because I was swamped with work. I told James- Mommy took a week off with you, now you're going to have to play on your own for a few hours while mommy catches up on work. And he was great. And I got on top of my RMC work, and sent my Queen's copying letters. It's all over but the crying now. I'll have heaps of work waiting for me at RMC, but that's for tomorrow to handle.
I am having a lot of trouble falling asleep and was up last night until 2 (though I did manage to finish a good murdery Peter Robinson novel. Though maybe I shouldn't do that sort of thing before bed- I don't think it kept me up any later than I would have been otherwise, just kept me more entertained.
And I have to stay up for another few hours to wait for the bread to finish. But I'm not going to push myself on the cleaning area! I'm pretty tired, but it was Myron who went to bed at 7pm. Just the thought of The Mess tires him out. Well, I didn't actually ask him what time he was up to last night- his tiredness may relate more to that. But I like to think The Mess scares him!

2 Comments:
Oh Myron! Please don't tell me you'll let him off the hook with that mess?
That mess would scare me too. And I wouldn't let my husband go to bed after having created such a mess. What's the story behind all the stuff onthe floor. Dirty dishes I can understand (but it wouldnt' happen in our house!)
Poor You :(
I'd get onthe train and go home
Post a Comment
<< Home