Thursday, April 26, 2007

In

My marks are in! I breathe a sigh of relief. I'm not looking at anything to do with my course for a bit. The phys server crashed shortly after I sent them. I hope there's no relation. Maybe I should call the girl I sent them to to make sure they arrived!

The rest of today I'm doing difficult computer things for RMC, like designing new background for our webpage. When I get done writing this anyway.

Yesterday, James slept in and so I dropped him at the daycare about 9am. I was hoping to drop him earlier because I wanted to get my bloodwork done. When I got to the bloodwork place, there was noone in line, so they helped me quickly. I was in and out in about 3 minutes. But I was glad I had not taken my bike, because my arm really hurt after and I couldn't have biked safely.

I worked for the morning on the conference. My regular RMC boss was kind of peeved that I was working on the conference at my desk. I said I could work upstairs. He said he didn't care, but wanted to know if they were paying me if I was working downstairs. Um. I charge them for the time I work for them and you for the time I work for you. I couldn't believe he thought I was charging him for the time I was in the office but working for someone else. I was really stunned that he thought that!

Last night, I started a new kindergarten math book with James because I didn't think he was being challenged enough with the daycare work. We had a good time together.
James is also pretty keen on learning French. He learned all the months in English recently and now he is trying to learn them in French. I learned that I am going to have to brush up on my French if he's going into french immersion because even the months were all cobwebby for me. He's really keen on learning the French stuff because I think he wants to feel confident with it before kindergarten arrives.

I taped the ducks/vanc hockey game last night and he watched a bit of it this morning but he is having a bit of difficulty with the home/away jerseys because the last time he saw vanc they were blue and so they looked kind of like the ducks black so he was really confused as to what team was which.

In the last vanc game, James was pretty funny when the TB pulled their goalie to try to score, he cried. It took a LONG time to explain that they were doing this for strategy and not because they didn't like their goalie or something! It backfired on TB anyway.

James woke up at 5am this morning for some reason. I took him back to bed and he slept until 8:30am, meaning we got off late this morning too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

I wonder how James would react when a penalty is about to be called but the ref doesn't stop the play until the penalized team touches the puck and the goalie just leaves the ice for the extra attacker. I understand this strategy, but even so, when I've been at games and I don't realize there's a penalty I have a split second sometimes when I say "Where's the goalie going?!"

April 26, 2007 at 11:24:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home