Saturday, January 27, 2007

Perspective

Well, they decided he didn't have a kidney infection, but a virus. I'm not sure where the virus is, or what it is, but Myron has been sleeping for a good part of the day.

Myron's mom gave the boys some of these for their trip back from Moncton:


I read the label when they got home and I said to Myron "Do you know they contain 0.5 grams of trans fat?" and he responded saying that was so miniscule. And I was -no, the guideline for humans is not to eat more than 1 gram a day. That bag has half the grams for the whole day! And surely smaller humans need less than 1 gram a day? It all depends on your perspective I guess. But when you know that your body doesn't digest the stuff, it just sits there in your body for the rest of your life, makes me want to be careful with what the boy eats!

I figure Myron and I are too over the hill already to care quite so much. I know Myron eats donuts at work and I think they pack in over 1 gram of trans fat in just one donut. So there you go.

I went to Food Basics today. It was snowing a bit, but the path was clear onthe way there. On the way back, the wind had been blowing and the path was drifted over. It was a lot of exersion for my sick little body, but I enjoyed the walk. Just when I got home and the heaves of hacking took over that I regretted it a teensy bit!

The colour of the stuff I am hacking up seems to be changing from clear, which has me a bit worried, but not much as I've hacked up much worse stuff. Bob's going to stop reading soon, so I'll change the subject.

James and Myron had chicken dogs for lunch. I only eat veggie dogs which we did not have so I had a fruit cup. We eat a LOT of fruit cups in this house. There are different types of fruits mixed with applesauce and for some reason it appeals to all 3 of us, though we each like different flavours. James likes the blueberry and I like the mango.

I'm making a slow cooker lasagne for dinner and trying to get the house in some semblance of order after neglecting it for a week. I still have heaps of marking to do, but I'm ignoring it until the evening.
I also bought some marinating steaks that I'll make in the slow cooker tomorrow, just have to find a recipe first! I'm going to check my new slow cooker book (pic near bottom of post)

1 Comments:

Blogger rab said...

The phrase "stuff I am hacking up" should be banned from your blog.

January 29, 2007 at 8:08:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home