Thursday, February 16, 2006

James and Mamma day

Today was a scheduled day off for James and I (with an unscheduled Dad off lying comatose elsewhere in the house). Luckily James really likes to help around the house so we managed to accomplish quite a bit.
I had thought of taking him tothe library today but with the freezing rain warning, I didn't try it. So this left us all day in the house.
It was so nice not to have to rush in the morning. We started the day (after the blog entry below) reading the book of Hosea (James sat and listened to bits and wandered in and out of the room for other bits) and then had some prayer. It was really a wonderful way to start the day.
As the day went on we did laundry and dishes and fed birds plus made a number of phone calls, because James really likes to call people and then hang up on them. Well, at least I get to talk, for a bit.
James was really testing me today in the area of listening. He hasn't pushed boundaries for a while, so I guess today was the new frontier.
James got up at 6am so by 6pm he was really tired. Normally, he likes to fall asleep with me out of the room so that he can play for a while before he goes to sleep, but tonight he was cuddly and wanted me to sing and pray with him. A nice end to the day too :)

1 Comments:

Blogger dawna said...

sounds like a great day, aphra... glad you enjoyed it.

February 17, 2006 at 10:11:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home