Things that go squack in the night
Last night was pretty rough. Kassie (our cockatiel) had a night fright at 2:30am. This sometimes happens if she hears things in the dark and she gets scared. Generally, we just have to get up and switch on the light and she's o.k. She's never stopped a night fright on her own. I heard some bonks that I thought were Myron tripping over James' toys and Kassie's night fright stopped. But the bonks continued. Then I realized that Kiki the budgie had gotten out of her cage and was flying around in the dark and that Myron was indeed NOT up. So, I got up and picked Kiki up and put her back in her cage. Her little heart was a-thumping away. By now I was totally awake. Put the birds back to bed and went to bed myself, but of course I could not sleep. At 4am I figured out why Kassie had a night fright. I heard rustling in the crawl space under the kitchen, likely a mouse. eek.
For Big Brother today, I'm pretty sure they are going to be targeting Rachel because Howie has proven himself to be a moron.
For Big Brother today, I'm pretty sure they are going to be targeting Rachel because Howie has proven himself to be a moron.

1 Comments:
ROFL
not at you but with you :) this sounded so like a sitcom.
We had burglers once and both hubby and I thought it was my mum wandering around in the night - (she's a bit like that) - only to our chagrin we found that she'd heard them come in and was scared stiff :(
Horrible not to be able to get back to sleep though. How do you handle that? Do you read? prayer? get on the pc? or just toss and turn? I do all four, but the last is the worst:(
Post a Comment
<< Home