A hopping Saturday
Today we went down to the water because Kim's Church was having their block party there. We biked down and had to stop at S&R to play with their train table before heading to the water. When we got to the water we had to go see an old black train that is down by the water made in 1913 in Kingston, now on display as the 'Spirit of Sir John A. MacDonald' in honour of a former prime minister. Then we went to the water and watched the birds and the fish. There were lots of ducks, ducklings, canada geese, a pair of redwing blackbirds and starlings and seagulls of course! They fish were quite big so probably not in much danger from the ducks. However, a heron would have had some good eats! In all this we had not yet found Kim. I figured it would be pretty easy because of her red hair but it took walking around the park about 4 times to find her and it was only because her friend Rachel spotted us. While our block party seemed to center on food, there wasn't much food at this block party, much to James' dismay. There was lots of music and drama which James seemed to enjoy anyway. We had brought our own food. On our way home we stopped by S&R AGAIN to play with the train table. I met another mother whose 6 year old was also at the train table. She asked how old James was and when I told her she said 'it seems like only yesterday that (her boy) was 3'. And we agreed it goes by so fast. Luckily, I have this blog to remember how life was :)
We also bought Salty and the Ocean Cars for our upcoming LONG car ride coming up soon. It is a 5 hour ride but seems much longer with a 3 year old. Hopefully, he'll nap for part of it. I'm trying to think of as many fun things to bring as I can!
We also bought Salty and the Ocean Cars for our upcoming LONG car ride coming up soon. It is a 5 hour ride but seems much longer with a 3 year old. Hopefully, he'll nap for part of it. I'm trying to think of as many fun things to bring as I can!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home