Looking for changes
When I woke up this morning, I looked out the window, expecting the plow to have gone by, but it hadn't. It looked exactly the same out my window that it had when I went to bed! But while I was watching I could see a plow rumbling through the neighbourhood and it did plow the street around 6:30am. The sidewalks, however, are waist deep until you get to Victoria St., then they are fine. This is pretty much always the case as Victoria is the start of the high priority area. However the public school is 1 block from Victoria and they have sidewalks with snow higher than the children!
In spite of the absence of the sidewalk plow, people have set out their garbage and recycling on the snowbank over the sidewalk so I expect if the sidewalk plow goes through he is going to be hitting some garbage. I am waiting for the morning to put mine out, in hopes that there will be somewhere to put it!
The city was in pretty good shape, relatively speaking. I walked downtown at lunchtime with no problem at all. Did some shopping at Food Basics. I am mostly on top of my work, working on the summer hiring list tomorrow.
I am marking essays again and I read one today that was reasonable written but with poor phrasing and many spelling mistakes (clearly indicated by the Word spellcheck) and I looked on my class list and the student is a 4th year student majoring in English. That just seems wrong!
In spite of the absence of the sidewalk plow, people have set out their garbage and recycling on the snowbank over the sidewalk so I expect if the sidewalk plow goes through he is going to be hitting some garbage. I am waiting for the morning to put mine out, in hopes that there will be somewhere to put it!
The city was in pretty good shape, relatively speaking. I walked downtown at lunchtime with no problem at all. Did some shopping at Food Basics. I am mostly on top of my work, working on the summer hiring list tomorrow.
I am marking essays again and I read one today that was reasonable written but with poor phrasing and many spelling mistakes (clearly indicated by the Word spellcheck) and I looked on my class list and the student is a 4th year student majoring in English. That just seems wrong!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home