Travelling
The bus from Kingston to Toronto made good time and we arrived right on schedule.
During our wait in Toronto James wanted to walk to the food court nearby. We went there and used the washrooms (which are nicer than the bus station washrooms) but he was put off by the long lines at MacDonalds so we didn't pick up anything from the food court.
I was carrying our bags down the stairs (as the escalator is always broken). The lady in front of me was older and was carrying a much bigger bag. A young lad was coming up the stairs and he stopped and talked to her. I thought he was a relative. He took her suitcase down to the bottom of the stairs. She thanked him and he left. The kindness of strangers, she said to me.
We went back up to the bus station and wandered around a bit. There was none in line at the little lunch station there so James was much happier ordering there. He had a hot dog that was huge and was swimming in ketchup. He only ate 3/4 and I had the rest. We enjoyed watching the birds flying around in the station!
Then we lined up for our next bus. Both busses were packed full.
Traffic was very heavy Toronto to St. C but not terrible. We were about 1/2 hour behind time.
Great to see Oma and Grandad and have a lovely chicken supper. It always tastes better when you don't need to make it yourself :)
Tomorrow we have lots of plans- mini golf, Skyping with Nat and Karrie, shopping, planting. Should be a good time!
I discovered that the new web updating system at work is all online so I can update webpages even from St. C. instead of having to do it through my computer at work (we used to have to use special software). Always an improvement!
During our wait in Toronto James wanted to walk to the food court nearby. We went there and used the washrooms (which are nicer than the bus station washrooms) but he was put off by the long lines at MacDonalds so we didn't pick up anything from the food court.
I was carrying our bags down the stairs (as the escalator is always broken). The lady in front of me was older and was carrying a much bigger bag. A young lad was coming up the stairs and he stopped and talked to her. I thought he was a relative. He took her suitcase down to the bottom of the stairs. She thanked him and he left. The kindness of strangers, she said to me.
We went back up to the bus station and wandered around a bit. There was none in line at the little lunch station there so James was much happier ordering there. He had a hot dog that was huge and was swimming in ketchup. He only ate 3/4 and I had the rest. We enjoyed watching the birds flying around in the station!
Then we lined up for our next bus. Both busses were packed full.
Traffic was very heavy Toronto to St. C but not terrible. We were about 1/2 hour behind time.
Great to see Oma and Grandad and have a lovely chicken supper. It always tastes better when you don't need to make it yourself :)
Tomorrow we have lots of plans- mini golf, Skyping with Nat and Karrie, shopping, planting. Should be a good time!
I discovered that the new web updating system at work is all online so I can update webpages even from St. C. instead of having to do it through my computer at work (we used to have to use special software). Always an improvement!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home