In which I try to accomplish something and fail
Today I wore a lovely skirt that was very comfortable and nice. It is a chiffon that is layered in zig zags. It is nice and soft and falls in a pretty way. I knew I wouldn't be able to describe it well so I asked James to take a picture. What I got:

Yep, he's photogenic. And a ham. This was the best I got of the skirt, which isn't good at all. And I can't explain the funny expression on my face except that James kept having me say "fromage"

Today was filled with meetings, meetings, meetings. I had so many meetings they started overlapping and I started missing meetings!
At 5:30, I was just about ready to start looking at the timetabling file and Tim came in. The information that he said he would send out to the students early in the afternoon had not been sent out and now it was early evening. So I quickly had to come up with a plan as to how to get the information out. I loaded the emails while Tim got the files ready. We sent them all off but it took up an hour that I hoped to spend working on the timetabling. I did spend some time after that working on the timetabling file. But seriously, it is hard to get the project done with so many meetings. My timetabling file is now 700 lines long (in Excel)! Still much more to do.
My funny moment of the day was when a student said to me- I have a perfectly valid reason for missing the lab- it was his grandmother's birthday! The mentality of the students is always interesting to me.
Should sleep now- another long day tomorrow!

Yep, he's photogenic. And a ham. This was the best I got of the skirt, which isn't good at all. And I can't explain the funny expression on my face except that James kept having me say "fromage"

Today was filled with meetings, meetings, meetings. I had so many meetings they started overlapping and I started missing meetings!
At 5:30, I was just about ready to start looking at the timetabling file and Tim came in. The information that he said he would send out to the students early in the afternoon had not been sent out and now it was early evening. So I quickly had to come up with a plan as to how to get the information out. I loaded the emails while Tim got the files ready. We sent them all off but it took up an hour that I hoped to spend working on the timetabling. I did spend some time after that working on the timetabling file. But seriously, it is hard to get the project done with so many meetings. My timetabling file is now 700 lines long (in Excel)! Still much more to do.
My funny moment of the day was when a student said to me- I have a perfectly valid reason for missing the lab- it was his grandmother's birthday! The mentality of the students is always interesting to me.
Should sleep now- another long day tomorrow!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home