Saturday, February 04, 2012

cleaning II

Al found a nice couch and chair for me, but it must have come from a smoker's house as they had a really strong smell of smoke. Today I used an entire bottle of Febreeze on them to see if that improves things. I hope so!
The bottle indicated it was not safe for birds, so I squirreled Kassie away downstairs. The upstairs still smells pretty strongly of Febreeze so I'm not sure when I can return her to her usual location as I am not sure what part of the process is not safe for birds.

I had breakfast today with Sandy, which was nice. Then watched "Speaking out about suicide" on CTV. Queen's had a big problem with this last year and has taken enormous steps to try to improve things on campus. As it was a Canadian panel I knew a number of the people speaking as they had some connection with the work at Queen's.

My favorite drink is currently "Lime Crush" but it is hard to find in stores (I find anyway) so today I tried "Colt Lime" which is ok but is not the same!

A sunny day here!

2 Comments:

Blogger jordin said...

There is a baking soda shake for rugs that works incredibly well even on furniture for stinking stuff. All you do is sprinkle it on, let it sit, and vacuum it off. After a couple of treatments, you will never know that it came from a smokers house.

February 4, 2012 at 1:49:00 PM EST  
Blogger Aphra said...

Thanks Jordin, if the febreeze doesn't work, I'll look for that!

February 4, 2012 at 1:56:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home