Tuesday, May 12, 2009

plastic bags

An article in the kingston whig relating to plastic bags says:
Kingstonians likely consume about 35 million plastic bags a year, according to the advisory group. About a third of those bags end up being recycled, while 1% wide up in a landfill.

Please excuse the whig's typo, but the math is a bit puzzling- they account for 35% of the bags. What happens to the other 65%? Are they really 'consumed'?

I am glad that Carolyn is as determined as I to 'root' out the evil dandelions. It is amazing that you can clear the lawn and the next day there will be even more. There is a swatch of my back garden that seems to be lion free this year and I am not sure why. Wind patterns maybe?

I like that Michelle is up for a 1500 post party. I thought the partys only came on the thousands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home