Marks in
Yesterday, I got my marks in! This was a particularly long year, so I felt very relieved as I walked home in the rain. I also felt releived that my new pink rainjacket is very waterproof!
My friend Rachel L. is involved with MoveIn which is about Christians moving in to communities in need in Toronto. (and some in Ottawa) That seemed to be what naturally happened around Next when we were there. James also would like to live closer to Rustle. So, for a lark, I looked at the mls page to see if there were any houses that I liked. And there was - a 4bd, 2 bath house for 179,000. Now the house across from us just sold (in a week) for $168,000 and that house is very similar to ours. (which we bought for $90,000) So I briefly toyed with the idea of moving, but I'm hoping the house I saw sells quickly, before I start to seriously consider it!
Yesterday, after I picked James up from the bus we ran into Sarah on her way to pick up Tara. James wanted to join her, so we went to Tara's school. They were having a book sale there, so we went in. James found a paint-your-own-goalie-mask kit and decided he wanted to be an artist! So we bought it. When we got home, James opened the box but there were no paints in it. So I took it back and exchanged it. The lady was very apologetic. Later in the evening James FOUND the missing paints- they must have slipped out while he was opening it!! So tomorrow, I'm going to go back and try to explain all this. Oh my.
Thursday is James' pioneer club finale with a BBQ. Saturday James has a hockey game in the morning and his birthday party in the afternoon. Tuesday, my parents are planning on visiting. Next Thursday is his actual birthday! A busy week!
My friend Rachel L. is involved with MoveIn which is about Christians moving in to communities in need in Toronto. (and some in Ottawa) That seemed to be what naturally happened around Next when we were there. James also would like to live closer to Rustle. So, for a lark, I looked at the mls page to see if there were any houses that I liked. And there was - a 4bd, 2 bath house for 179,000. Now the house across from us just sold (in a week) for $168,000 and that house is very similar to ours. (which we bought for $90,000) So I briefly toyed with the idea of moving, but I'm hoping the house I saw sells quickly, before I start to seriously consider it!
Yesterday, after I picked James up from the bus we ran into Sarah on her way to pick up Tara. James wanted to join her, so we went to Tara's school. They were having a book sale there, so we went in. James found a paint-your-own-goalie-mask kit and decided he wanted to be an artist! So we bought it. When we got home, James opened the box but there were no paints in it. So I took it back and exchanged it. The lady was very apologetic. Later in the evening James FOUND the missing paints- they must have slipped out while he was opening it!! So tomorrow, I'm going to go back and try to explain all this. Oh my.
Thursday is James' pioneer club finale with a BBQ. Saturday James has a hockey game in the morning and his birthday party in the afternoon. Tuesday, my parents are planning on visiting. Next Thursday is his actual birthday! A busy week!

2 Comments:
this evening as i was putting out the garbage, speaking to a kid with a new bike, and setting my face into the sun on the front porch of rustle i too wished i was living here. i spend most of my days here but sleeps too would be neat. i really love the neighbourhood. it is beautifully angry, desperately lovely and recklessly redeemable.
location location ...
the paints story made me laugh.
I miss my neighbourhood... i dont miss my house.
I miss you all.
Post a Comment
<< Home