Saturday, February 23, 2008

Pampered

Last night I went to bed early and slept pretty well until 3am when James got me up (I think he was hot). A relatively ok night though.
James went to basketball with Myron in the morning. I cleaned the bathroom.
Then they came home and we had lunch. Then I went to Chantal's for my first pampered chef party! I bought a mandolin (very fancy grater) because I won a 60% off draw. The gals claimed I must now write mandolin blogs:)
So here's my first- I was telling Myron about it and what it does and where I was going to keep it. And he was sitting there grating cheese with the old cheese grater and he stopped and got up to get the mandolin, but I don't have it yet, I've only ordered it!
Anyway, after I got home from the party, James wanted to call Duncan, to have him come over. I dialed the numbers and heard this part of the conversation:
Can I have Duncan? Can I have Duncan?
(I suspect Duncan comes to the phone here)
Duncan?
It's James!
Duncan! Duncan! It's James from basketball.
Then I think the Mom got on the phone and told James that Duncan couldn't play today. James' face dropped and I thought he was going to cry. Then I got on the phone with the mom and she told me that Duncan had some plans for the evening, but maybe another time. Maybe.

So then James called AJ and the conversation went like this:

Yes, the conversation on James' end was blank. Luckily Annette has call display and guessed it was James! And AJ was able to come over and play so they built a solar system and then played trains.

We had homemade pizza for dinner but the crust was too sticky and it was near impossible to get off the non-stick pans. I wonder if the pampered chef has anything for that! We had smushed pizza.

Tonight is hockey night in Canada for the boys (I think James is already almost asleep and the game hasn't even started yet!) and for me it's clean the kitchen night in canada!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

I just saw jamie Oliver using a madolin on the food network the other night and it looks like it's really good for slicing onions.

February 23, 2008 at 8:30:00 PM EST  
Blogger dawna said...

yes... pampered chef does have something for that... you need some stoneware, aphra!

February 24, 2008 at 11:41:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home