Oblivious
Rustle kidsYesterday James and I went to Rustle for the Polish Heritage supper (Myron was working). It was to be cabbage rolls and perogies, but I didn't actually see cabbage rolls. There were lots of perogies. I made spicy mashed potatoes.
On the way home, I was pushing James in the stroller. I saw 3 young kids get on bikes around Regi(high school) and ride off. I didn't think anything of this as kids are always riding everywhere. But a few minutes later I had arrived at the corner of Division and Russell and we heard sirens and saw lights and there was a fire truck. I was surprised that he was turning onto Russell. He pulled into the Regi lot and as we turned to watch him, sure enough there was lots of smoke coming from the sports field. That was a very fast reaction on the part of the fire people.
Last night when James went to sleep, I went in to his room and looked at him. How different from 5 years ago when he was so wee and so needy. And yesterday morning he got himself dressed before I woke up, and that night he put himself to sleep with his head on his Tassa bear pillow, his arms behind his head and his Bob the B. comforter over him. He was very excited to be 5 this morning.

3 Comments:
Happy Birthday James
koko käsi (whole hand!) I remember my 'babies' being very excited about that too :)
PS you need to change the byline on your blog name :)
Enjoy 5! I've found 5, on the whole, to be a great age. 6 is looming very soon for Astrid. Someone recently pointed out that only 2 more spans of 6 years and our kids will be gone. YIKES! Can't someone make time slow down a little?
Post a Comment
<< Home